09 Jun 2021
To make the ITR (income tax return) filing convenient for taxpayers, the CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes) revamped the old tax filing portal. There are several features that are available on the new portal. Here are 5 important features
1. There will be an integrated system to process income tax returns or ITR immediately and issue quick refunds.
2. Free software will be available for ITR1 and ITR4 (online and offline) and ITR2 (offline) users to help taxpayers to prepare returns with interactive questions to help. ITR3, 5, 6 & 7 will be made available later.
3. There is a single dashboard for multiple interactions and uploads, that will enable taxpayers to follow-up their pending requests easily with the new e-filing portal.
4. Taxpayers will be able to update their profile to provide the details of income including salary, house property, business or profession that will be used in pre-filling their income tax returns
5. A new call centre will be available for assisting the taxpayers while filing ITR.